Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MARKHAM MARCH MEETING

Here we are at the Markham group meeting, a couple of new members joined in and are working on some scarves. Mom and daughter looking very happy knitting together.
I am always happy to see new members, It gives me a good feeling knowing that there are many people out there who are willing to help out a good cause. We need many more to join, all ages and it does not matter what level a knitter or crocheter you are. You are all welcome and if you need help with a project, we are happy to help you with it. So get your needles or hooks and start a project for one of your charities.
The Afghan drive is coming along great, so far we collected 22!! Good stuff ladies. I cannot thank you enough.



And here is Hannah and Leah, as you can see they are knitting away at their projects.








This Afghan, I use a chunky yarn and the pattern is the herringbone stitch. The pattern called for worsted weight but I thought the chunky weight will give the Afghan more texture and it did.




Another baby blanket, I love this pattern.
Soft stripes blanket a bernat pattern.








Here is a lovely hat and scarf set from Jane.
Great colour and a interesting pattern.







This fleece scarf Madge made,




and this wave crochet Afghan looks amazing!! And the colours worked well together.











Margaret used up some scarps to make this hat. I love the colour combination she used. It looks great.




And here she is showing her first ripple baby blanket, and she was very happy with the result. It looks great Margaret.








The colours in this granny blanket also works well. I love it.
Also by Margaret.







Monica is showing her wavy Afghan and again these colours are great together.











These baby sweaters are so cute!! I just love them.
Also some kids sweaters from one of our new members, Christine.







Here is a hat, scarf and mitts set from Barb,






And a beautiful yellow Afghan. She used a combination of two stitches for this Afghan. I love the way she faded the colours.



Well that's it for now, and I will update you with the Stouffville group next.
Happy Crafting!!!



No comments: